DATA ENGINEER – PYTHON SPECIALIST
Currently Hiring for: 1 Data Engineer – Python Specialist
- As a member of our Client’s global Agile team, you would own tasks – defining, estimating and delivering, including “how to do the work” decisions.
- Support the client with any brainstorming, problem solving and/or R&D activities related to the work that needs to be completed.
- Self-organize to get the necessary work done and communicate effectively on the progress, estimates, questions, blockers, and information of relevance to other team members.
At least 2+ years of work experience with the following:
- Strong object oriented programming skills using languages like Python/Java/Scala
- Data processing, cleansing using packages such as Pandas and NumPy
- The ability to create and/or support custom Python modules (coded for common functions) for Automation, DevOps, Testing
- Programming in SQL and working with large relational databases
- Understanding the variety of database engines, data warehouses, etc.
- Linux and different command line tools
- Hands-on experience with troubleshooting performance issues.
- Familiarity with cloud native architectures (IaaS/SaaS/PaaS) in developing solutions.
- Agile methodologies: For the last 1 year you’ve been working in an environment/on projects that support 1 or 2 week Sprint schedules.
- Experience in the design and development of data pipelines and tasks.
- Experience with distributed computing and frameworks – Spark, Hadoop, big data storage architectures
- Experience working with various NoSQL/columnar databases
- Experience working with various data visualization tools and libraries like Tableau, Qlik, Matplotlib, Seaborn and such
- Experience working with high-level stakeholders across clients in USA/UK/Australia
- Proven ability to work in teams and intercultural environments as well as flexibility to work with teammates in different time zones.
SENIOR TECH LEAD
Currently Hiring for: 1 Senior Tech Lead
About the Role:
- PRDXN is looking for a Senior Tech Lead to join their team.
- This person will be reporting directly to the COO and working alongside another Senior Tech Lead.
- Their responsibilities are based around managing and handling of the Engineering team.
Must – have:
- You have min 4 years of hands-on experience with some of the technologies listed below.
- Agile/Scrum project experience of at min. 2 years.
- DevOps/Continuous Integration and Automated Testing experience of at min. 2 years.
- You’ve worked on projects for customers/clients that are…
- Western/foreign. I.e. American, Australian, and/or British.
- Ad agencies, tech start-ups, publication houses, and/or entertainment companies (or similar).
- You’ve worked on the following types of projects:
- Websites (Numerous)
- Custom Web Apps
- Mobile Apps
- The ability for you to QUICKLY gain the confidence of your fellow PRDXN team-members in your coding and programming skills.
- Real-life execution experience in solving problems with the most efficient/effective people, processes and technologies.
- Since you started working, you’ve held the job title of either “Developer”, “Software Developer”, “Lead Developer”, “Tech Lead”, etc. Right now, you probably hold the title of “Tech Lead”, “Senior Tech Lead”, or similar equivalent.
In your application, specify your specialty/years of experience with the below, if any…
- GitHub & GitHub Flow
- CSS3 & CSS Frameworks, e.g. Foundation, Blueprint, etc.
- CSS Preprocessors (e.g. PostCSS and Sass)
- React, Vue.js, Ember, or any other nifty front-end frameworks
- Grunt, Gulp
- Frameworks (Express, RESTify)
- API Standards (JSON API, GraphQL)
- Docker, Vagrant
- Data Storage (SQL, NoSQL Redis)
- Amazon Web Services (Lambda, EC2, Elastic Beanstalk, RDS, ElastiCache, SQS, S3)
- Continuous Integration (Travis, Jenkins)
- CDNs and Caching
- PHP & PHP Frameworks, e.g. Symfony 2, CakePHP, or Codeigniter
- Open-source CMS/eCommerce Platforms: WordPress, Drupal, Magento, Shopify
- You have the awareness that there’s always MORE to learn/know. And the desire and drive to constantly self-educate.
- You actively “play with” and test innovative and trending technologies, tools & processes, that will benefit yourself AND your fellow PRDXN team-members.
- The ability to inspire respectful and goal-oriented debates amongst project teams on the solutions options that exist for the problems to be solved.
- Experience in overseeing teams (10+ people) and ensuring that they’re fully aware of what’s expected of them on each and every project, in terms of HOW to “wow” customers (external and internal).
- Being second only to Sherlock Holmes with the ability to quickly and confidently understand the strengths and weaknesses of your direct reports/team.
- Experience in improving people, processes, and technologies, and measuring/maintaining those improvements.
- The ability to lead and inspire a team to always be seeking new and bigger challenges.
Your career path at PRDXN: Those with exemplary performance records (behavioural and technical) will eventually move into more senior role in the organisation, i.e. CTO (Chief Technology Officer).
Currently Hiring for: 10 Trainee Developers
Your career path at PRDXN: Those with exemplary performance records (behavioural and technical) will be groomed to move into senior roles either within a specific technology/domain and/or operations.